What is a T5 Statement of Investment Income in Canada?

Statement of investment income slip can include interest, dividends, and certain foreign income. A T5 slip must be prepared by a bank or a financial institution, and issued to you (the taxpayer) and to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You use it to report any investment income you have on your tax return. You will not receive a T5 slip for interest earned less than $50.00, but it must be reported on your tax return.

Subscribe to our tax tips newsletter.

Get the latest tax news to your email.

By clicking the Subscribe button, you consent to receiving electronic messages from H&R Block Canada regarding product offerings, tax tips, and promotional materials. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at unsubscribe@hrblock.ca