Be certain when you file U.S. taxes this year.

Filing your taxes in both Canada and the U.S. comes with its own set of complications. Whether you visit an office or file online, our Tax Experts in cross-border filing will help guide you before things go the wrong way.

US Tax Returns v2

What to know before you start.


What to know before you start.

If you are a U.S. citizen living outside of the United States, you’ll need to file with the IRS. And some non-U.S. citizens still need to file. Not sure? Learn more.


When do I need to file by?

The U.S. filing deadline is April 15th. However, if you live outside the U.S. then you have until June 17th to file but interest will accrue from April 15th if your return has a balance due.


Will I owe taxes?

Not neccessarily. Filing a U.S. tax return doesn’t mean you will owe any taxes to the government in Canada or the U.S. Our experts will help you get the most from your return.

What’s included:

  • Preparation of U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
  • U.S. tax calculations.
  • U.S. and Canada treaty benefits.
  • Assistance with IRS correspondence.
  • Coordination of U.S. and Canadian deductions and credits.
Shutterstock 1662092338 cropped

File with an Expert.

Whether you’re filing online or in person at an H&R Block office, our trained Experts will make filing your U.S. taxes a breeze.


File in an office or Drop-Off.

Gather your forms listed in these checklists. After reviewing and approving your return, we’ll file it with the IRS and CRA.


Expert tax service from anywhere

Upload your documents remotely and a Tax Expert will file your taxes.

Do it yourself tax software.


Starting at $99 USD.

A simple way to file taxes online.

We’ll be here to help if you need us.

U.S. / Canada filing FAQs

Obtenir notre infolettre.

Nous l'envoyons une fois par semaine, avec uniquement le meilleur contenu.

En cliquant sur le bouton Soumettre ci-dessous, vous consentez à recevoir des messages électroniques de H&R Block Canada au sujet des offres de produits, conseils d’impôt et matériel promotionnel. Vous pouvez retirer votre consentement n’importe quand en nous envoyant un courriel à