Worried about an audit? We can help.
Over 2 million* Canadians get assessed every year. We’ve got you covered if it happens to you.
Rest assured we can help you prepare for a tax audit or reassessment.
No matter how long you spend on your taxes and how accurately you complete your return, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or Revenu Québec (RQ) may still review and audit your return. With our Audit Protection, we’ll stay by your side if the government disputes your refund or the amount you owe. By purchasing Audit Protection, you’ll get personalized assistance from an online Tax Expert, regardless of how long the review takes.
We’ll be there for you before and after you’re assessed.
With Audit Protection, we’ll provide support for a full year after purchase for any audits or reviews of your return. We’ll start by assigning your file to an online Tax Expert for personal attention. Then, we’ll help you manage the process with:
Your online Tax Expert will explain why the CRA/RQ is requesting more information and ensure you have all required documents. Your online Tax Expert will also assist you in contacting the CRA/RQ if you need an extension.
Your online Tax Expert will prepare and review any documents required by the CRA/RQ and will personally review your return to ensure you prepared your taxes correctly.
How to purchase Audit Protection:
- Log in and select the Audit Protection product when you file online, or purchase it separately with our Download product.
- Your coverage begins as soon as you NETFILE your return.
Here’s what you’ll need in the case of an audit or reassessment.
- A copy of your Audit Protection invoice and the tax year it applies to.
- Your NETFILE confirmation number.
- Any correspondence from the CRA/RQ.
- Your return and, if necessary, any prior returns.
- All documents used to prepare your return.