Learn to earn at our online tax school.
You'll have the opportunity to apply to work with H&R Block♦ and build a flexible career.
Our Income Tax Level 1 Course has tons of benefits.
With so many online classes available, you’ll be able to find a day and time that works for you. Find your class.
Gain a solid foundation that can lead to a fulfilling career in tax preparation with H&R Block. Learn tax theory, current tax laws and filing practices.
Learn from experienced H&R Block Tax Experts, and receive a certificate of completion and education tax credit receipt.*
Our online classes are available at convenient times that work with your schedule. Total course time is 72 hours.
In our guided online classroom setting, the course includes tax theory and hands-on interactive learning with the latest tax preparation software. You’ll complete real-world tax preparation exercises and receive live one-on-one instructor assistance.++
Already an experienced Tax Expert?
We have tools that will help further develop your career in advanced tax preparation and allow you to specialize in areas like corporate taxes, U.S. taxes and other tax preparation areas. You’ll also enjoy the convenience of working at one of more than 1,000+ office locations.
Call us at: 1.877.32BLOCK (Quebec 1.844.30BLOCK).
Here’s everything you’ll learn in our online tax course.
- Overview of the Canadian income tax system
- Income from employment
- Support payments
- RRSPs and other registered plans
- Union & professional dues
- Child care expenses
- Moving expenses
- Calculations of tax and credits
- Investment income and expenses
- Sale of Principal Residence Reporting
- Social benefits & other amounts
- Health care expenses & the Disability Tax Credit
- Taxation and family situations
- Filing for Students
- Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit
- Home accessibility expenses
- Senior citizens & pension income splitting
- GST, Canada Child Benefit & the Working Income tax benefit
Total time: 72 hours
Working at Block.
Join the leaders in the business.
Build Your Career.
Once you complete Income Tax Level 1, you could have the opportunity to interview for employment at an H&R Block office near you. If you're hired you'll enjoy a career that offers a flexible schedule where you can build your client list and advance your career through our continuing education program. It's a dynamic career that works with your goals, and lifestyle.
Work and Grow with Us.
We have the tools that will help further develop your career in advanced tax preparation and allow you to specialize in areas like corporate taxes, U.S. taxes and other tax preparation areas. You'll also enjoy the convenience of working at one of more than 1,000+ office locations.
Learn and Earn.
Continuing education helps our employees build on their existing tax expertise, specialize their skills, enhance their careers and potentially make more money. Upper-level courses are led by our best Tax Experts, who cover a variety of topics.
- Who can register?
- When is training offered?
- Can I enrol after it has already begun?
- How much does the course cost?
- When do I pay for the course?
- How much do the materials cost?
- What if I'm under 18 and want to take the course?
- Do I need a college diploma or university degree?
- Do I get credit for previous education or training?
- When are classes available?
- How do I register?
- How long is the course?
- How is the class taught?
- Who teaches the classes?
- Are there bilingual courses available?
- What if I want to learn about a specific area of tax preparation?
- How often does the class meet?
- What can I expect from the class?
- Where are the classes held?
- Are there any computer requirements to take the course online?
- What happens if I miss a class?
- What if I fail the course?
- Will there be homework?
- What is the typical class size?
- What if I don't complete the course?
- What do I get when I complete the course?
- Is H&R Block hiring?
- What's it like to work with H&R Block?
- Who do I contact about career opportunities?
- Will the income tax course I took in college be useful?
- Do you offer advanced courses?
- What is the H&R Block Income Tax Level 1 course?
- What makes H&R Block training so good?