Learn to earn at our online tax school.
You'll have the opportunity to apply to work with H&R Block♦ and build a flexible career.
Find a day and time that works for you with our online classes.
Learn tax theory and skills that can lead to a fulfilling career with H&R Block.
Learn from the best and receive a certificate of completion and education tax credit receipt.♦
Our online classes work with your schedule. Total course time is 72 hours.
Complete real-world exercises with live one-on-one instructors in a guided online classroom-style course, learning tax theory with the latest tax preparation software.
Everything you’ll learn in our online tax course.
Total time: 72 hours
- Overview of the Canadian income tax system
- Income from employment
- Support payments
- RRSPs and other registered plans
- Union & professional dues
- Child care expenses
- Moving expenses
- Calculations of tax and credits
- Investment income and expenses
- Sale of Principal Residence Reporting
- Social benefits & other amounts
- Health care expenses & the Disability Tax Credit
- Taxation and family situations
- Filing for Students
- Eligible Educator School Supply Tax Credit
- Home accessibility expenses
- Senior citizens & pension income splitting
- GST, Canada Child Benefit & the Working Income
- tax benefit
Learn more about H&R Block Tax Academy™
Call us at:
Working at Block.
Build Your Career.
With Income Tax Level 1, you can interview at any H&R Block for a career offering a flexible schedule to build your client list and advance through our continuing education program. It’s a dynamic career that works with your goals, and lifestyle.
Work and Grow with Us.
We’ll help you develop your career in advanced tax preparation and specialize in areas like corporate or U.S. taxes. You'll also enjoy the convenience of working at one of more than 900+ office locations.
Learn and Earn.
Specialize your skills, enhance your career and potentially earn more with our continuing education program. Upper-level courses are led by our best Tax Experts, covering a variety of topics.
Tax Academy Q&A Session
Browse by category
- General Questions
- Registration FAQs.
- Is H&R Block hiring?
- What's it like to work with H&R Block?
- Who do I contact about career opportunities?
- Will the income tax course I took in college be useful?
- Do you offer advanced courses?
- What is the H&R Block Income Tax Level 1 course?
- What makes H&R Block training so good?