Canadian tax checklist.

We want to make sure you get every tax credit and deduction you’re entitled to.

Shutterstock 487666249

Here’s our handy tax checklist.

So, before you get started on your taxes, make sure you have all the receipts and income records you need


  • T4 slips (Employment income)
  • Employment insurance benefits (T4A or T4E)
  • COVID-19 relief payments or repayments (T4A)
  • Interest, dividends, mutual funds (T3, T5, T5008)
  • T2202 Tuition and Enrollment Certificate
  • Old Age Security and CPP benefits (T4A-OAS, T4AP)
  • Other pensions and annuities (T4A)
  • Social assistance payments (T5007)
  • Workers’ compensation benefits (T5007)
  • All other information slips

Other documentation

  • Notice of Assessment/Reassessment
  • Canada Revenue Agency correspondence
  • Sale of principal residence
  • Sale or deemed sale of stocks, bonds or real estate
  • Northern residents deductions receipts
  • Rental income and expense receipts
  • Business, farm or fishing income/expenses
  • Automobile/Travel logbook and expenses
  • Disability Tax Credit Certificate
  • Declaration of Conditions of Employment (T2200 or T2200S)
  • Volunteer Firefighters certification
  • Search and Rescue volunteers certification
  • Written certification for eligible educator school supplies


  • RRSP contribution receipts
  • Support for a child, spouse or common-law partner
  • Professional or union dues
  • Tool expenses
  • (Tradespersons & apprentice mechanics)
  • Office-in-home expenses
  • (if working at home due to COVID)
  • Other employment expenses
  • Teacher’s school supplies
  • Medical expenses
  • Home renovations (seniors and disabled)
  • Charitable donations
  • Political contributions
  • Childcare expenses
  • Adoption expenses
  • Moving expenses
  • Interest paid on student loans
  • Carrying charges and interest expenses
  • Exams for professional certification
  • Digital news subscription
  • Labour Mobility Deduction for Tradespeople

Subscribe to our tax tips newsletter.

Get the latest tax news to your email.

By clicking the Subscribe button, you consent to receiving electronic messages from H&R Block Canada regarding product offerings, tax tips, and promotional materials. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at