Sr. Business Analyst
Sr. Business Analyst
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the Director, Delivery Services, the Senior Business Analyst will join a team responsible for strategy execution and delivery of solutions to our operating teams. This position works closely with business partners to gain in-depth understanding of their strategy, processes, services, and the context in which they operate.
You will be introduced to the tax preparation business and deliver on the many opportunities present to optimize and transform our services. You will use service design tools to build a comprehensive view of the current state of experiences as well as defining the future vision state. We also want you to bring new ideas and methods to our practice.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understands all areas of the company (structure, people, process, technology), its business model, and interconnectivity between departments.
- Works with diverse partners & stakeholders to design services and experiences, as well as the internal processes, policies and programs that support them, in support of seamless customer experiences.
- Works with product, operations, and UX/CX teams to map end-to-end services and processes from the perspective of the customer, identifying how they can be reimagined to better serve our customers.
- Works with learning and digital content teams to develop training for field associates, such as tax experts and client service leaders.
- Applies in-depth knowledge of human needs and how they can be mapped back to organizational systems and processes.
- Defines insights about what makes processes efficient and experiences wonderful for our customers, always operating constructively toward recommending positive alternatives.
- Gathers metrics and data from various sources (NPS, BI Reporting, Service Now, etc.) to determine how services can be improved.
- Leads organizational change management activities.
- Contributes to improvement of governance, processes, and tools for business functions owned by Delivery Services.
- Provides operational support (planned and ad-hoc) to business partners.
- 10+ years of progressive business analysis or service design experience.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Highly skilled in various design tools such as process models, journey maps, service patterns and service blueprints to effectively institutionalize customer-centric practices.
- Extensive experience gathering and developing business requirements.
- Able to provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of design work.
- Authentic, curious, creative, and innovative.
- Excited and motivated to help people, especially our clients and field associates.
- Strong writing abilities and presentation skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with and seen as a trusted partner amongst business leaders.
- Organizational Change Management skills and certification is an asset.
- Knowledge of project management principles and related experience is considered an asset.
- Understanding of business and technical architecture is considered an asset
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover along with your resume to: email@example.com
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.