Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 55 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic Product and Services supporting our Digital and Retail channels. The Product Manager is responsible for the development of, and ongoing management and support of products defined within their product suite. In this role you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: defining the product vision and strategy, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working closely with tax analysts, operations, finance, marketing, user experience designers, developers, quality assurance analysts, learning and content writers.
The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Assist in developing, maintaining and delivering upon Product and Services product strategy and roadmap
• Assist with full product cycle management including: research, business cases, product definition, strategy, development efforts, market analysis, beta testing, implementation and ongoing management and support of their defined products and services
• Gather, assess and maintain competitive analysis related to existing and emerging competitive products/services, technologies, market developments and industry trends
• Document product requirements, product specifications, business readiness, go to market strategies and other documents as required
• Organize, prioritize and lead the day-to-day activities to support the “Reloadable Prepaid Card” program and/or any existing and future products
• Complete all tasks necessary to close the product and transition to an operational state, if/when necessary ensuring a seamless delivery through H&R Block retail and digital channels.
• Track and report upon product Key Performance Indicators
• Provide action plans where necessary to improve product profitability, market share, client success ratings impacting revenue, costs and growth
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience
• 3-5 years of product management experience, including experience leading medium to large sized initiatives that involve significant business and/or technology change
• 5 years’ of experience in financial services and/or banking sector
• Strong customer service and client experience background
• Understanding of the application of agile user-centred design values, principles and practices
• Proven problem solving, conceptual thinking and analytical abilities.
• Strong collaboration skills and ability to work as a team player within cross functional environment.
• Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
• Experience leading teams in a matrix management environment
• Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
• Ability to make quick, timely decisions
• Ability to be an effective leader in a fast paced pressure environment
Though not a requirement, the preferred candidate would also have:
• Understanding of prepaid or credit card programs, rules, regulations and settlement
• Previous knowledge of the Canadian Payments Association rules, regulations, channels and instruments
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.