At H&R Block we’ve been helping Canadians prepare their taxes for over 50 years. It’s our mission to make sure you Get What’s Yours. Every Canadian has a unique tax situation, so we offer a wide range of products and services designed to make completing taxes fast and easy.
As a French UX Writer, Digital Solutions, you are a design & user advocate, shaping products to deliver delightful user experience through text that help users work through and understand complex topics. You understand how to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and don’t rest until the wording is exactly right. You cringe at every spelling, grammatical, syntactical mistake, or unclear error message. You care deeply about language and voice, and you sweat the details to ensure it’s clear, consistent, and concise.
You will collaborate with people in a variety or roles, including product managers, developers, knowledge managers, and writers, with no limits on technology and ideas.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Write effective product copy by collaborating closely with product managers, tax professionals, and interaction designers
• Make tax language and legalese in our do-it-yourself tax products easy for clients to understand
• Partner with digital content writing experts in international locations, creative agencies, internal stakeholders, translators, product managers, and designers to achieve writing standards, tone of voice and department objectives and product strategy
• Provide digital writing best practice expertise to our team of writers composing copy for help content that will be used by clients and support agents
• Work alongside the product development team to manage the process for how new & updated copy gets added to digital products
• Review translated copy and refine it to align with the identified tone of voice and overall product strategy
• Post-Secondary education in Creative Writing, French language or literature, Marketing, Advertising or a combination of education and professional writing experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ of solid professional product copywriting experience; content strategy and CMS experience a strong asset
• Expertise understanding technical concepts and turning it into copy that clients can understand
• Ability to communicate (oral/written) in Canada’s official languages (French/English)
• Strong background in writing French content for digital products
• Ability to juggle multiple projects to deadline while maintaining high quality of work
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment
H&R Block offers its employees a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent employees enjoy:
• free tax preparation service; discounts for their families and friends
• a comprehensive group insurance package
• a stock purchase plan
• a health/fitness reimbursement program
• an employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
If you are interested in this opportunity, and meet the expectations outlined in this profile, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations, along with your resume to: email@example.com
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.