Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
The role will report to the Director, Financial planning and analysis and will be responsible to partner with the operations team for all financial related initiatives. As a financial manager, the selected candidate will need to demonstrate collaboration with the business and provide support for all financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements. The selected candidate will be responsible to drive financial performance and enable growth through providing financial reporting, budgeting, modelling and analytics. The role will partner with the business leadership to enhance controllership and financial results.
The candidate will need to be hands on in addition to demonstrating strategic thinking to enable the business to deliver on financial metrics.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Financial reporting and month end closing duties
• Financial analysis and performance management of the national retail offices, real estate spend and capex budget
• Forecasting and planning in the different cycles (annual and quarterly) starting at the office level up to the national level
• Supporting the Operations leadership with financial analysis and ad-hoc projects
• Responsible for supporting the real estate team with financials on office performance, managing the capital budgets and financial reporting/analysis on leases and rents
• Account level review and reconciliations
• Develop, maintain and improve on reporting and metrics to manage the business
• Accounting designation and/or MBA
• A minimum of 5 years’ Accounting experience
• Demonstrated leadership and management skills
• Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the Company.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• A deep curiosity about the business and how to improve it
• Preferred previous experience supporting retail environment
Do you have an innovative and passionate approach to learning, along with the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.