District Operations Coordinator – Edmonton, AB
District Operations Coordinator
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider and the leader in the tax preparation industry. Each year, H&R Block employs thousands of seasonal and part-time associates nationwide. Many associates return to H&R Block year after year! Some return to earn extra income and others return to grow their career with H&R Block.
As a key representative of H&R Block, you are responsible for providing operational expertise and partnership to optimize field performance while ensuring outstanding client service.
We are looking for someone who takes initiative, is excited to learn, and is willing to take on a leadership role in the day-to-day operations of the assigned offices in the district.
The role of a District Operations Coordinator is a great opportunity to learn the H&R Block business and can lead to further opportunities within the company.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Partner with District Managers to assist in the overall district operations; anticipate and prioritize operation support activities and demonstrate flexibility to meet district needs and ensure issue resolution;
• Drive to various office location to train staff, ensure GREAT client standards are met, set up computer equipment, and put up marketing/signage;
• Recruit, interview, hire, and onboard talent;
• Monitor and support office schedules, making adjustments to scheduling as required.
• Coordinate the setup and shut down of all assigned offices;
• Assist with the planning and execution of training and development initiatives;
• Maintain the asset management inventory, process invoice payments, and manage petty cash;
• Ensure all compliance requirements are met;
• Assist in corporate training and development initiatives;
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Three or more years of experience in retail or similar customer-oriented industry;
• Willingness to work flexible hours and drive regularly to a number of offices within the district; our candidate must have a valid drivers license, insurance, vehicle registration, and a reliable vehicle;
• Excellent interpersonal, employee relations and coaching skills;
• Ability to multi-task with strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
• Ability to run reports and analyze them for operational action;
• Ability to plan and coordinate workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments.
• A strong ability to deliver results that will assist the company in achieving strategic business objectives;
• Must be able to work efficiently, productively, and independently with little or no direct supervision;
• Excellent written and oral English skills. Other languages are a definite asset;
• Knowledge of H&R Block Tax Office responsibilities is considered an asset;
• Must enroll in Level 1 Tax Academy course “Fundamentals of Income Tax” for base knowledge;
• Ability to plan workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments and deadlines;
• Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Ability to set up workstation computers and work with various software packages.
Do you have a passion for Client Service, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.