H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider and the leader in the tax preparation industry. Each year, H&R Block employs thousands of seasonal and part-time Associates nationwide. Many Associates return to H&R Block year after year! Some return to earn extra income and others return to grow their career with H&R Block.
This position reports to the Quebec Regional Director and is responsible for 18 offices in London, Ontario.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Lead a district through operational direction using approved policies and procedures.
- Execute with excellence to implement national strategies and plans.
- Champion Service Excellence to ensure a world class experience for every client.
- Develop local district plans to grow clients, grow revenue, and enhance the client experience.
- Prepare annual fiscal-year budgets for the district;
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly review of various reports and financials results;
- Manage labour daily to ensure actual spend is in line with budget
- Plan and engage in local marketing events to grow new clients.
- Deliver Tax Academy classes through instructors to train new students and upgrade prior student tax knowledge.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, mentor and supervise seasonal and off- season Associates.
- Conduct weekly seasonal Office Leader meetings;
- Assist with analysis of retail footprint, including location selection of new/relocated offices;
- Set up and take down temporary pop-up kiosk locations with retail partners;
- Work with local property managers on any Landlord unit issues;
- Responsible for ordering all consumables such as office supplies and marketing collateral;
- Daily review of client incident tickets and act on resolution;
- Conduct office visits to ensure standard operating procedures are being followed;
- Monitor competitor activity and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Three to five years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting, and effective people leadership;
- Previous experience coaching and managing employees on day-to-day operations challenges;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Well organized and able to multi-task while delivering on deadlines;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to work irregular schedules;
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time in peak tax season;
- Valid driver’s license required, along with a reliable vehicle and current/valid vehicle insurance.
We offer our Associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent Associates enjoy:
- A competitive salary and bonus plan, dependent on experience;
- A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellness account
- An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan for those Associates who contribute to the RRSP Plan;
- Free tax preparation service for Associates; discounts for their families and friends
- Ability to participate in the Company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan after one year of employment.
Do you have a passion for Customer Service Excellence, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com. Please reference: District Manager (London, Ontario) - in the subject line.