H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic District Manager to join our team in Vancouver, BC.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
H&R Block District Managers are champions of the overall client experience; providing superior knowledge and support services to the company-owned and/or franchise office teams within a defined district.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Lead the operation and management of the district to ensure successful implementation of Company policy and procedures across assigned tax offices
• Develop, recommend, and implement strategy to increase revenue and maximize profit
• Ensure the district team consistently follows the client service model and builds strong relationships to deliver a GREAT experience that brings value and exceeds client expectations; Owner and driver of the overall client experience
• Responsible for full cycle recruitment of seasonal and off-season associates
• Responsible for scheduling, monitoring labor costs, training & development, coaching and employee relations including performance feedback and evaluations
• Prepare annual fiscal year budgets for district
• Conduct monthly in-depth review of financials
• Assist with analysis of retail footprint, including locations selection of new/relocated offices
• Review client survey results weekly and follow up on all client concerns when escalated
• Conduct regular visits to offices within the district
• Provide support and guidance to Franchise owners
• Assist in corporate training & development initiatives; including presentations
• Five years of experience leading a workforce containing a varied skill set; preferably within retail or similar customer-orientated industry. A combination of education and work-related experiences will be considered.
• Demonstrated experience leading multi-unit locations in retail or service environment
• Past experience with customer experience programs
• Experience working with Franchise owners would be considered an asset
• Excellent employee relation, coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
• Exposure to a seasonal business environment would be considered a strong asset
• Experience in corporate training, development and presentation skills
• Ability to plan and coordinate workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments
• Willingness to work flexible hours and travel
• Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Must not have any monies owing to CRA
• Must not have declared bankruptcy in the last 5 years
• Must be up to date on all taxes
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.