Location: Calgary, AB
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
H&R BLOCK CANADA (“HRB”) provides convenient, accurate, and affordable income tax planning, preparation, and filing services. The Contracts Specialist will play a crucial role in the Legal Department of H&R Block, managing contract files, reviewing agreements, and corresponding with business unit stakeholders. The Contract Specialist will also assume responsibility for reviewing contracts to ensure that the terms are appropriate and reasonable, and risk is acceptable. This position will report to the VP of Legal and works in close cooperation with corporate counsel and senior leadership of the business units.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Reviews and revises the draft agreements that are submitted (Procurement, Technology, Franchise Agreements, Service Agreements, NDAs, among others); prepares documents for execution.
- Reviews and manages contractual obligations of the parties and provides continual review to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Ensures agreements comply with applicable corporate, risk, security, and contract policies and procedures, collaborating with colleagues in Legal, Finance, and Information Security as needed.
- Ensures complete and accurate records are kept for all agreements.
- Uses sound judgement to resolve basic issues related to contracts, interacts with the Legal Department to resolve more complex issues.
- Ensures documents are dealt with in a timely manner keeping communication lines open with all relevant parties.
- Uses tracking systems to track the flow of documents and provide feedback to departments as required.
- Prepares internal approvals and ensures all the required forms, attachments, and supporting documents are in place in the contracts.
- Maintains standard agreement templates and assists Legal with the on-going development and updating of templates, as well as new template and one-off contract development.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements for contract administration.
- Prepares and disseminates information to stakeholders regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Bachelors’ degree in a related area.
- Paralegal or legal training preferred.
- 4 – 7 years in commercial contract administration experience.
- Understands basic contracting principles.
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian contracting environment.
- Experience in Franchise contracts a plus.
- Experience in Procurement contracts a plus.
- Highly motivated and able to think clearly and perform under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels, develop cooperative working partnerships and contribute to teams.
- Expert skill level with MS Office software.
- Experience in Legal Suite or other contract management software preferred.
- Strong analytical capability to analyze data and make general assumptions and recommend action plans.
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, we invite you to send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.