Position: Executive Assistant
Term: Contract (May 4th, 2020 to September 30th, 2021)
Location: Calgary, AB
Are you ready to make a difference?
At H&R Block, we believe in our people. The work they achieve individually, as a team, and as an organization empowers our clients to take hold of their financial future – driving our success as Canada’s lead Tax Preparation business.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a pay cheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent, if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We have a contract term position beginning May 4th, 2020 – September 30th, 2021 for an Executive Assistant support our President based in Calgary. The Executive Assistant will directly support the President and Executive Leadership Team, proactively anticipating their needs, while implementing strategic plans and services to maximize efficiency.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide a broad range of administrative support for members of the Executive Leadership Team
• Prepare, review and submit expense reports and invoices
• Review and prepare documents, memoranda, reports and other correspondence
• Manage document filing systems and multiple Outlook calendar organization
• Organize and coordinate meetings, conferences, training sessions, and special events as required
• Preparation of high quality corporate communications and presentations in PowerPoint
• Prepare travel arrangements, meetings and other events as necessary
• Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
• 5-7 years of Executive Assistant experience
• Advanced/Expert knowledge of MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate professionally (both oral and written)
• The ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information is a must
• The ability to work independently
• High attention to detail
• Superior planning and coordinating special event, meetings and conferences
• Exhibits a professional and polished demeanor
• Must be flexible and have the ability to multi-task along with being adaptable to shifting priorities
Ranked as one of the Top 20 companies for work-life balance by Indeed.com, it’s more of a reason to build a career and life with H&R Block. Apply now by sending us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. Join us and be part of something bigger!
All current vacancies are posted on our website: https://www.hrblock.ca/our-company/careers/ ,please check for exciting opportunities.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.