H&R Block Canada is a leader in the tax preparation industry. We are currently seeking a dynamic Area Manager to join our team in Saskatoon.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
H&R Block Area Managers report to the District Manager and are champions of the overall client experience; providing superior knowledge and support services to the company-owned and/or franchise office teams within a defined area.
Working with the District Manager, your Key Areas of Responsibility would be to:
- Lead the operation and management of the assigned area to ensure successful implementation of Company policy and procedures across assigned tax offices
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategy to increase revenue and maximize profit
- Ensure the area team consistently follows the client service model and builds strong relationships to deliver a GREAT experience that brings value and exceeds client expectations; Owner and driver of the overall client experience
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment of seasonal and off-season associates
- Responsible for scheduling, monitoring labour costs, training & development, coaching and employee relations including performance feedback and evaluations
- Conduct monthly in-depth review of financials; and report anomalies, and errors back to the District Manager
- Assist with analysis of retail footprint, including locations selection of new/relocated offices
- Review client survey results weekly and follow up on all client concerns when escalated
- Conduct regular visits to offices within the assigned area
- Provide support and guidance to Franchise owners where applicable
- Assist in corporate training & development initiatives; including presentations
- Five years’ of experience leading a workforce containing a varied skill set; preferably within retail or similar customer-orientated industry. A combination of education and work related experiences will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-unit locations in retail or service environment
- Past experience with customer experience programs
- Experience working with Franchise owners would be considered an asset
- Excellent employee relation, coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exposure to a seasonal business environment would be considered a strong asset
- Experience in corporate training, development and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate workload and adapt to initiatives simultaneously to meet project commitments
- Willingness to work flexible hours and travel
- Proficient in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter with salary expectations along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.