You will use the T2L form to claim food, beverage and lodging expenses if you are a transport employee (such as a trucker) and you regularly incur meal and lodging expenses while away from the municipality where your home terminal is located. This means that you must generally be away from work/home overnight.

Both you and your employer complete this form, with you completing pages 1 and 2 and your employer completing page 3. As a transport employee, you may be able to use the simplified method for claiming meals, which allows you to claim $17 per meal for up to three meals per day without receipts.