What is a TD1 Personal Tax Credit form?
The TD1 Personal Tax Credit Return is a form used to determine the amount of tax to be deducted from an individual's employment income or other income, such as pension. In addition to the federal TD1 form, there are also provincial ones specific to each province. You're required to complete the TDI forms when:
- you have a new employer or payer
- you want to change amounts from previous claimed
- you want to claim the deduction for living in a prescribed zone
- you want to increase the amount of tax deducted at source
- more than the basic personal amount is claimed on the provincial or territorial TD1