What is a T626 Overseas Employment Tax Credit form?

The Overseas Employment Tax Credit may be claimed when your employer certifies your eligibility for performing work outside Canada for at least 6 consecutive months. Both you and your employer are required to complete this form in order for you to claim the credit. Part 1 of the T626 is filled out by your employer and part 2 is completed by you. If you paid taxes to the foreign country where you were working, you may also be eligible for a partial foreign tax credit. The Overseas Employment Tax Credit is being phased out over a four-year period and will be eliminated for 2016 and subsequent years.

Subscribe to our tax tips newsletter.

Get the latest tax news to your email.

By clicking the Subscribe button, you consent to receiving electronic messages from H&R Block Canada regarding product offerings, tax tips, and promotional materials. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at unsubscribe@hrblock.ca