What is a T2205 Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP or RRIF form?

The T2205 form is used when a withdrawal is made from a spousal or common-law partner RRSP or RRIF. It calculates the amount to include in your income on your own return, and how much your spouse or common-law partner includes in their income return. A spousal or common-law Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) is one that your spouse or common-law partner has contributed or transferred funds to on your behalf. If you make a withdrawal in the same year that your spouse or common-law partner has made a contribution, or in either of the two subsequent years, part or all of the withdrawal will have to be included in his or her income.

Subscribe to our tax tips newsletter.

Get the latest tax news to your email.

By clicking the Subscribe button, you consent to receiving electronic messages from H&R Block Canada regarding product offerings, tax tips, and promotional materials. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at unsubscribe@hrblock.ca