What are Schedule 8 CPP Contributions on Self-employment or Other Earnings form?

This schedule calculates the amount of Canada Pension Plan (CPP) contributions you must pay if you reported self-employed, business or professional income on your tax return. There is a separate schedule for Quebec residents who must pay into the Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) instead of the CPP. If you're between 65 and 70 years old and self-employed and no longer want to contribute to CPP, then you can use this form to elect to stop contributions. You can also use the Schedule 8 to make voluntary CPP contributions on income which would not otherwise be subject to CPP contributions, such as tips.

Subscribe to our tax tips newsletter.

Get the latest tax news to your email.

By clicking the Subscribe button, you consent to receiving electronic messages from H&R Block Canada regarding product offerings, tax tips, and promotional materials. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing us at unsubscribe@hrblock.ca