What is a T626 Overseas Employment Tax Credit form?

The Overseas Employment Tax Credit may be claimed when your employer certifies your eligibility for performing work outside Canada for at least 6 consecutive months. Both you and your employer are required to complete this form in order for you to claim the credit. Part 1 of the T626 is filled out by your employer and part 2 is completed by you.

If you paid taxes to the foreign country where you were working, you may also be eligible for a partial foreign tax credit.

The Overseas Employment Tax Credit is being phased out over a four-year period and will be eliminated for 2016 and subsequent years.

Office Locator

Find an office near you.

Get Prepared

Everything you need before you file.


Tax Software

File your taxes today

Start for free