What is a T2205 Amounts from a Spousal or Common-law Partner RRSP or RRIF form?

The T2205 form is used when a withdrawal is made from a spousal or common-law partner RRSP or RRIF. It calculates the amount to include in your income on your own return, and how much your spouse or common-law partner includes in their income return.

A spousal or common-law Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) or a Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) is one that your spouse or common-law partner has contributed or transferred funds to on your behalf. If you make a withdrawal in the same year that your spouse or common-law partner has made a contribution, or in either of the two subsequent years, part or all of the withdrawal will have to be included in his or her income.

Office Locator

Find an office near you.

Get Prepared

Everything you need before you file.


Tax Software

File your taxes today

Start for free