Let us file your taxes online.
Simply upload your documents from wherever you are and one of our Online Tax Experts will prepare and file your return.
$129.99 $99.99 per individual return.*
$199.99 $179.99 per self-employed return.*
or Sign In.
How it works
1. CREATE YOUR TAX PROFILE
Only takes 5 minutes.
2. UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS
Use your phone to take photos of your slips.
3. CHAT WITH YOUR TAX EXPERT
Direct message at any time.
4. TAX EXPERT PREPARES AND FILES YOUR RETURN
Review and approve your return before it's submitted.
Get back your refund and your time
Your time is valuable. So why not get the expertise you need from the comfort of your home? Get an Online Tax Expert to complete your taxes for you.
With an H&R Block Online Tax Expert, preparing and submitting your taxes from anywhere has never been easier.
Upload documents with your phone
Snap pics of your documents with your phone and submit them online from anywhere.
Direct message with your Tax Expert
Communicate with a Tax Expert who understands your situation and provides answers to your tax questions with our direct messaging feature.
Access your documents at any time
Conveniently store your documents in one place, should you need them.
Security at every step
Safe and secure, your private data is rigorously protected from start to finish.
- Absolutely! All our Tax Experts are certified humans, with an average of 9 years of experience preparing returns. These Tax Experts are the ones preparing and filing your return for you, with the expertise that H&R Block is known for.
- Our Online Tax Expert service has a fixed price for regular returns ($129.99*) and self-employed returns ($199.99*), no matter what other credits, deductions, or complexities might be included in your return.
- Once you get your Tax Expert all the required information and documentation needed to file your return, they will aim to have your tax return prepared and filed within 5 business days.
- We know we’ll get it right. If you pay a penalty because of our error, we’ll reimburse you, plus any interest. Read more about our guarantee.
- Once you’ve provided your personal information and sent us your tax slips and receipts, you’ll be assigned a dedicated Tax Expert who’ll prepare and file your return. They’ll review your information, send you a draft return to review and approve, and when you’re ready, they’ll file the completed return your behalf. In the meantime, if you need to contact your Tax Expert or they need to contact you, you can reply directly to them by email or from the Messages section of your Online Tax Expert account. Our Online Tax Expert service gives you access to the unmatched expertise of our Tax Experts from the comfort of your own home and on your own time. All you need to do is enter your information and upload tax documentation using our safe and secure Online Tax Expert application, and we do the rest. Your Tax Expert will prepare your return, review it to ensure you get all the credits and deductions owed to you, and then file it for you quickly, easily, and accurately.
- Absolutely! You can contact your dedicated Tax Expert in the Messages feature of our Online Tax Expert service at any point. You can also schedule a phone call with your Tax Expert if you have more complex questions or if you prefer a voice at the other end of the line. We’ll respond to your message within 24 business hours.
- Our Tax Experts can prepare returns for just about anyone living in Canada. Only the following tax situations aren’t supported:
- Multi-jurisdiction returns
- Bankruptcy returns
- Non-resident returns
- Deceased returns
- Form T1273: Harmonized AgriStability and AgriInvest Programs Information and Statement of Farming Activities for Individuals
- Form T3010: Charity Information return
- T2: Corporation income tax returns
- Returns where a spouse does NOT have a SIN number, if the primary filer is:
- Preparing a coupled return (in this instance, each person needs a SIN)
- Splitting pension income with a spouseIf any of these situations apply to you, please check out our office locator to find the retail location nearest to you. Our Tax Experts would be happy to help with your return in person!
Ways to File
Meet with a Tax Expert and get the most from your return.
Pick the tax software that best meets your needs and prepare your return on your own terms.
Simply drop your forms off at an office near you and we’ll take care of the rest.
Answer a few questions and we'll recommend a way to file based on your unique situation.