Sr. UX Writer (Sr. Digital Writer)
Calgary or Remote
Sr. UX Writer (Sr. Digital Writer)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our Remote Tax Expert service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S, rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
As a Senior Digital Writer (UX Writer) on the content team, you’ll bring a deep appreciation for and expertise in the role language plays in the design process. You’ll collaborate closely with UX designers and developers in semi-remote, cross-functional teams to co-design experiences for our digital products. You’ll turn complex tax language into easy-to-understand content and collaborate with subject matter experts to ensure accuracy. You’ll have the opportunity to play an integral role in the design of new features and be involved in every stage through conception, pilots, and launches as the company goes through a historic digital transformation.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Design, write, edit, and improve content in our internal and client-facing tax software product. You will work on user flows, navigation, feature building, form improvements, and certification.
- Work closely with your UX colleagues, as well as product management, development, translation, and tax teams, to define and measure success. You will be responsible for ensuring the resulting content meets requirements and is ready for production.
- Participate in and present at cross-team critiques and brainstorming sessions to give and receive feedback.
- Conduct content tests and work closely with UX to provide the necessary content for design and usability testing. You will use research results to guide your content decisions and will be responsible for communicating the results to other teams.
- Make tax language and legalese easy for clients to understand.
- Ensure a consistent voice and tone is used across products.
- Work with translators and help manage their priorities to deliver all the content you create in both English and French.
- 4+ years of professional UX writing, content strategy, editorial, or copywriting experience for digital products or financial/legal services.
- Experience working on a product development team or experience working within an agile environment
- Experience with simplifying and communicating complex ideas to broad audiences.
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Skilled at prioritizing work and managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and tools and stay up to date on industry best practices
Do you have a passion for UX writing, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.