Senior Systems Analyst , IT
Calgary or Remote
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Manager, Core Systems the Senior Systems Analyst will be responsible for providing leadership on sophisticated systems analysis for projects as well as providing influence with our business partners to develop recommendations that address business needs and opportunities. Additionally, the Senior Systems Analyst will be skilled in communicating business priorities through partnership with Squad Leader(s) and translating needs back to the team for timely delivery.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Work closely with team members by providing input as a subject matter expert regarding scope, release content, and priority.
- Acts as the liaison between business stakeholders and development teams, troubleshooting and answering questions as needed, following up on outstanding issues that block development.
- Support product development activities as required (e.g., road mapping, sprint planning & refinement, backlog prioritization, etc.).
- Actively participate in requirement gathering sessions with business stake holders and Business Analysts to provide development teams with clear business requirements.
- Work with onshore & offshore development teams for project implementations.
- Analyze and map business/end user requirements surrounding existing applications issues by collaborating with various business units, IT teams, and external vendors.
- Provide a key role in facilitating any training or communication regarding key system changes to end users and field support staff.
- Collaborate with Project Management, Project Stakeholders and Production Support.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team and stakeholders in the preparation of test plans and test cases.
- Actively participate and contribute to multiple cross functional meetings with technical and business stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Management, Systems Development, Business Analyst, or Project Management accreditation with a technical focus; or the equivalent through a combination of education and professional work experience
- Minimum 5 plus years’ experience as a software analyst or functional analyst with an emphasis on technology
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven aptitude for researching application problems as part of root cause determination and to make quick and sound decisions based on changing priorities.
- Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL) processes and tools
- Knowledge of agile development and the software development lifecycle
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development environments and experience in data and process modeling of business requirements
- Ability to independently identify, investigate and develop solutions to problems.
- Proven experience collaborating and partnering on varying initiatives with business units, internal team members, external vendors, and business partners both within/outside the organization and in remote locations.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple projects.
- Possess advanced experience with writing SQL queries.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software such as Microsoft Project
Do you have a passion for System Analytics along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.