Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of a large, strategic project. The role is based at our Calgary headquarters and will work with our product, technology, and operations teams.
You will be lead internal teams and work with vendors to deliver on a key business imperative that will improve our financial service offering to our clients. You will use a hybrid of project management, product management, and agile development approaches to develop and manage a plan to meet our target date. We also want you to bring new ideas and methods to our practice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Collaborates with stakeholders to document project scope, deliverables, goals, risks, constraints, success measures, and estimated resources needed.
- Ensures that projects remain in-scope and meet budgetary, scheduling, and quality requirements.
- Creates, manages, and distributes project communications artifacts like plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Provides project status updates at predetermined time intervals to all stakeholders.
- Communicates routinely to management, customers, project team members, and other stakeholders, actively soliciting and addressing vendor and project team feedback.
- Sets and monitors project budgets and staffing requirements.
- Ensures adherence to legally binding requirements.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project, including vendor monitoring
- Establishes key project criteria metrics.
- Plans and leads status review meetings, which may include internal team members and vendors.
- Plans and leads steering committee meetings
- Manage vendor engagement, including coordination of internal/external delivery and stakeholder teams.
- Coordinate activities with project managers leading projects that are interdependent or sharing resources
- Responsible for managing, and motivating the project team, as well as resolving team conflicts.
- Log defects accurately and ensuring defect management is carried out efficiently and effectively
- Work cross functionally with technology, product, and operations teams to ensure changes are rolled out in a coordinated manner which is non-disruptive to the business
- Provide a level of post live support and assist with remediation where necessary
- Resolves technical and operational issues as required.
- 10+ years of project and/or program management experience, with success delivering large multi-functional projects.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- PMP Certification is an asset.
- Strong preference for a candidate with experience leading Financial Services, Retail, and/or Finance projects.
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial products and services.
- Excellent stakeholder and business relationship management skills
- Able to provide empathy and an un-biased viewpoint to all aspects of project delivery.
- Strong writing abilities and presentation skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with and seen as a trusted partner amongst business leaders.
- Results driven
- Collaborative, composed, principled and responsible
- Flexible and adaptable
We’re looking for smart and motivated people who are ready to learn new technology, succeed and grow!
If that’s you, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.