Full-Stack Software Developer
Calgary, AB or Canada
Full-Stack Software Developer
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities.
At H&R Block we are changing the face of tax preparation software! We have an exciting opportunity within our IT team for a talented Full-Stack Software Developer. We are a passionate team that strives to make it easy for our clients to do their taxes anywhere, anyway, and anytime.
Our team is expanding to support a critical project, and we're looking for a Full-Stack Software Developer to hit the ground running on a tight-knit, collaborative Agile dev team. We run two-week sprints, hold daily stand-ups, and use Microsoft Teams, Jira & GitHub for our workflow and work hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Designing, coding, testing, and debugging software applications using Java and C# programming languages.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop software solutions that meet business requirements.
- Participating in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, development, and deployment.
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation related to software development activities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software defects and issues.
- Conducting code reviews and providing constructive feedback to peers.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and best practices in software development.
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Use best practices and design patterns.
- Explore new technologies, methodologies, and tools to enhance skills and keep up with industry trends. Contribute to the development community by sharing knowledge and experiences through blog posts, presentations, or open-source contributions.
- Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming, and/ or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, and professional experience.
- Experience with Front end, back end, 3rd party configuration.
- 3+ years progressive experience as a full-stack developer.
- Broad experience in C# and Java languages.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience working with and supporting applications in a Cloud environment (Microsoft Azure) a plus.
- A strong understanding of what it means to work in an Agile work environment (experience in Scrum is a bonus).
- Solid understanding of various development processes/tools including continuous delivery, branching strategies, code reviews, GIT (or equivalent).
- Strong experience in developing applications using modern frameworks, programming languages and technologies.
- Solid experience with RESTful web services.
- Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL and MSSQL Server).
- Security first mindset as it relates to industry best practices and software development.
- Possess a product-oriented mindset with the ability to think beyond the task at hand and see the bigger picture, the way an end user sees it.
- Comfortable working in autonomous teams, navigating and embracing ambiguity.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and collaborative problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, CI/CD pipelines.
Do you have a passion for programming and data, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.