For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the Vice President of Finance, the Executive Assistant will directly assist members of Executive Leadership Team, proactively problem solve with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail to support them and their leadership teams to maximize efficiency.
By supporting different multiple members of the Executive Leadership Team, this position will have to deal with diverse of requirements, working methods and personalities.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide a broad range of administrative support for members of the Executive Leadership Team
- Review and prepare documents, memoranda, reports and other correspondence
- Manage document filing systems and multiple Outlook calendar organization
- Proactively manage calendars coordinating meetings, conferences and events based on business priorities, including working with external parties
- Preparation of high-quality corporate communications and presentations in PowerPoint
- Prepare travel arrangements, meetings, and other events as necessary
- Prepare, review, track, report and submit expense reports and invoices
- Tracking and coding of time sheets and related invoices to investment projects
- Provide administrative support for all procurement and accounts payable processes
- Assisting HR and Payroll teams to onboard new associates onto the various key systems, when needed
- Basic accounting knowledge required to support some accounting reporting
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
- 7+ years of Executive Assistant experience supporting several executives
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of MS Office applications: Word, Outlook, Teams, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate professionally (both oral and written)
- The ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing scope of authority and protecting confidential information is a must
- The ability to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrate a strong proactive “can do” attitude
- Growth minded towards personal development
- Superior planning and coordinating special event, meetings and conferences
- Exhibits a professional and polished demeanor
- Basic accounting skills
- Must be flexible and can multi-task along with being adaptable to shifting priorities
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.