Calgary, AB (Hybrid)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
H&R Block Canada is searching for a knowledgeable, motivated, creative Enterprise Architect to join our Technology team on our digital transformation journey.
Working as an integral team member in our Enterprise Architecture Office, the Enterprise Architect will work with senior and executive leadership, technology leads, product managers and delivery services to develop an IT strategy and technology vision aligned with the business strategy.
The Enterprise Architect will bridge the gap between business requirements and technology, evaluating and advocating for right-sized technology solutions to meet ever changing business needs.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Partner with IT Leadership to build and drive technology strategy.
- Act as technology advisor to business teams, using a risk-based approach.
- Responsible for overall Enterprise Architecture Office governance and driving internal direction.
- Mentor and develop members of the IT teams to build architectural knowledge and capability.
- Facilitate technology decision making with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture office and stakeholders to evaluate and determine build vs. buy decisions.
- Lead the selection and implementation of prevalent technology design.
- Champion the design of a microservice oriented cloud-based architecture.
- Assist in the planning and governance of our DevOps transformation initiatives.
- Research and advise on new and disruptive technology and industry trends.
- Engage with technical resources to deliver architecture outputs such as assessments, blueprints, designs, reference diagrams, and decision documents.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum five years architecture experience.
- Experience working in complex cloud-based Software Development environments required.
- Possess a strong track record of architecting, designing, and delivering on large scale enterprise IT projects.
- Strong knowledge of Agile and DevOps principles required.
- In-depth knowledge of modern serverless cloud-native (Azure, AWS) architecture required.
- The successful candidate will have excellent technical and non-technical communication skills and the ability to speak to a wide variety of audiences including Executive Leaders.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to relate technical topics in simple and accessible language across technical, business and leadership teams.
- Skill in creating a technical business vision or plan required.
- Willingness to constantly learn new things and stay on top of the latest developments in IT and business practices is required.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to examine and understand business data and operating procedures required.
- Critical thinking skills for identifying issues desirable.
- Knowledge of application and infrastructure security, networking and Identity and Access Management platforms desirable.
- Experience transitioning from monolithic to cloud-native architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of modern Data Platform architecture and technologies such as Data Bricks, Synapse and Snowflake are an asset.
- Project Management knowledge and experience an asset.
Do you have a passion for Digital Transformation, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.