Edmonton , Alberta
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are currently seeking a dynamic District Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will manage the overall client experience/retention program, strategies and services, Associate hiring, training, and evaluation in their District. The District Manager manages multilocation offices during the tax season.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Lead the District through operational direction using approved policies and procedures.
- Execute with excellence to implement national strategies and plans.
- Champion Service Excellence to ensure a world class experience for every client.
- Develop local district plans to grow clients, grow revenue, and enhance the client experience.
- Prepare annual fiscal-year budgets for the district.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly review of various reports and financials results;
- Manage labour on a daily basis to ensure actual spend is in line with budget
- Plan and engage in local marketing events to grow new clients.
- Deliver Tax Academy classes through instructors to train new students and upgrade prior student tax knowledge.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, mentor and supervise seasonal and off- season Associates.
- Conduct weekly seasonal Office Leader meetings;
- Assist with analysis of retail footprint, including location selection of new/relocated offices;
- Set up and take down temporary pop-up kiosk locations with retail partners;
- Work with local property managers on any Landlord unit issues;
- Responsible for ordering all consumables such as office supplies and marketing collateral;
- Daily review of client incident tickets and act on resolution;
- Conduct office visits to ensure standard operating procedures are being followed;
- Monitor competitor activity and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Three to five years of business experience in a client based, multiunit retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting and effective people leadership;
- Previous experience coaching and managing employees on day-to-day operations challenges;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization;
- Well organized and able to multi-task while delivering on deadlines;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to work irregular schedules;
- Ability to travel up to 50%+ of your time in peak tax season;
- Valid driver’s license required, along with a reliable vehicle and current/valid vehicle insurance.
Do you have a passion for Client Service and Leadership, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.