District Manager - St. Catharines
St Catharines, ON (On-Site)
DISTRICT MANAGER - St. Catharines
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider and the leader in the tax preparation industry. Each year, H&R Block employs thousands of seasonal and part-time Associates nationwide. Many Associates return to H&R Block year after year! Some return to earn extra income and others return to grow their career with H&R Block.
We are currently seeking a dynamic District Manager to join our team in St. Catharines, Ontario. The successful candidate will manage the overall client experience/retention program, strategies and services, Associate hiring, training, and evaluation in their District. The District Manager in St. Catharines manages approximately 12 offices during the tax season.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Lead the District through operational direction using approved policies and procedures.
- Execute with excellence to implement national strategies and plans.
- Champion Service Excellence to ensure a world class experience for every client.
- Develop local district plans to grow clients, grow revenue, and enhance the client experience.
- Prepare annual fiscal-year budgets for the district.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly review of various reports and financials results.
- Manage labour on a daily basis to ensure actual spend is in line with budget.
- Plan and engage in local marketing events to grow new clients.
- Deliver Tax Academy classes through instructors to train new students and upgrade prior student tax knowledge.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, mentor and supervise seasonal and off- season Associates.
- Conduct weekly seasonal Office Leader meetings.
- Assist with analysis of retail footprint, including location selection of new/relocated offices.
- Set up and take down temporary pop-up kiosk locations with retail partners.
- Work with local property managers on any Landlord unit issues.
- Responsible for ordering all consumables such as office supplies and marketing collateral.
- Daily review of client incident tickets and act on resolution.
- Conduct office visits to ensure standard operating procedures are being followed.
- Monitor competitor activity and make recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting and effective people leadership.
- Previous experience coaching and managing employees on day-to-day operations challenges.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization
- Well organized and able to multi-task while delivering on deadlines.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to work irregular schedules.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of your time in peak tax season.
- Valid driver’s license required, along with a reliable vehicle and current/valid vehicle insurance.
We offer our Associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent Associates enjoy:
- A competitive salary and bonus plan, dependent on experience.
- A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellness account.
- An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan for those Associates who contribute to the RRSP Plan.
- Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends.
- Ability to participate in the Company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan after one year of employment.
Do you have a passion for Client Service, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including the position title in the subject line.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.