Director, Product Development
Director, Product Development
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
H&R Block Canada is looking for a Director, Software Development to join the IT leadership team. Reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology, as a Director of Software Development, you will have the opportunity to be part of the team that is looking to modernize our technology landscape and increase the speed and quality, we deliver new products and capabilities to our associates and clients.
H&R Block Canada is investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as a continuous everything approach - improvement, development, testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating faster.
Key areas of Responsibility:
Lead, manage, and coach your team to bring technology expertise and automation to the organization.
Run and influence teams focused on evolving the experience and processes for our IT organization, including automated testing, infrastructure as code, measuring development performance, governance, and modernizing IT tools.
Collaborate with H&R Block stakeholders to build agile and DevOps processes into the delivery of new/enhanced products. Using a metrics-driven framework to access progress and determine where to engage – with coaching and leadership alignment.
Drive the change with thought leadership, empathy, and determination to make a difference. Managing relationships, at all levels, to move the organization forward.
Create and maintain a vision, strategy, and executable roadmap focused on delivering DevOps. The IT strategy is grounded in the expectation that we can become a mature DevOps shop.
- Provide support and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
- 10+ years of people management experience, including developing and managing a significant department budget.
- Strong experience with Agile methodologies, Java, .net, Azure, Cloud, React technologies.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps design patterns, processes, and best practices
- Experience with continuous integration tools. Release Management Processes, Coordination, Planning Process, and connecting points with DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with various test automation frameworks
- Ability to adapt rapidly in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and the ability to react quickly, dynamically, intelligently, self-motivated, committed, and accountable.
- Demonstrates clarity of thought to drive the confidence of partners. Has the capability to understand and explain complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience leading and running high-performing engineering teams and possess a highly technical background.
Do you have a passion for leadership, strategy, and being a part of a high-performance team, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.