Calgary, AB (Hybrid in office)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Team Lead, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Finance department with administrative, accounting, and bookkeeping functions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Compiles and reviews financial information.
- Prepares financial forms, documents, and reports.
- Prepares daily Instant Refund reconciliations.
- Monitor daily funding requirements & communicate with the Treasury department when more funding is required.
- Prepare various monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare various reconciling & month end journal entries.
- Investigate discrepancies and follow up with stakeholders (funding partners, field offices, Finance team members.) when required.
- Preparation of the bad debt analysis working paper and journal entries.
- Pay with Refund (PWR) daily reconciliation review.
- Reporting on several business lines (Instant Refund, Pay with Refund, Advantage Card).
- Other duties as required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a combination of equivalent education/experience.
- 1 to 3 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Working knowledge of advanced accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in MS Office and accounting software.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, must be able to manage large data sets. Financial modeling experience is an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Do you have a passion for numbers, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line.
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.