Protect your return with Peace of Mind®.
Did you know over 2 million* Canadians get assessed every year?
By purchasing the Peace of Mind® Extended Service Plan, you’ll have one of our professionals beside you from the moment you receive a CRA/RQ assessment or audit, helping you through the entire process.
Includes 3 years of coverage on:
Even a return that is 100% accurate can get reassessed. If yours is, we’ll assist you to answer all Canada Revenue Agency questions.
Maximum Refund Guarantee♦.
We’re trained on all of the latest tax rules so we know where to look to make sure you get the maximum refund. If penalty and interest charges are assessed as a result of an H&R Block error, we’ll pay the penalty and interest on the return.
H&R; Block will: (1) work on your behalf and respond to the CRA/RQ on any notice of assessment; (2) provide a qualified Senior H&R Block Tax Expert to represent you.
Year round support.
We’ll support you even after your visit today. Changes in life are certain and will impact or benefit your tax position. We’re here to provide you guidance related to family additions/changes, university impacts, moving, medical requirements and many others.
Up to $3,000 of additional taxes.
If additional taxes are owed due to an H&R Block error, we’ll reimburse you for additional taxes up to $3,000.
Audit by the numbers.
- $1.7 billion — the value of claimed errors verified by the CRA in 2015.*
- +2 million — number of Canadians audited by the CRA each year.*
- 4 reviews — the maximum number of CRA reviews your annual return can undergo.
- 7 years — how far back the CRA can go to assess your returns.
Did you buy Peace of Mind®?
- Contact your H&R Block office and provide any assessment notice(s).
- Your H&R Block Senior Tax Expert will respond to the CRA/RQ, acting as your representative.
- We’ll reimburse you for up to $3,000 toward any additional taxes you owe due to our error in the preparation of your return.