Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
H&R Block Canada, a leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Tax Quality Assurance Analyst, Digital Solutions to join its fast-paced and dynamic Digital Solution team. This position can be located in Calgary at our Corporate Headquarters or Montreal.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you’re good at assessing risk, developing test strategies, running tests, and clearly reporting issues. You love technology and are excited about designing software solutions that impact millions of Canadian taxpayers. You have the technical skills to work in the product development team, actively involved in the end-to-end cycle of testing our tax software, from reviewing & testing tax requirements, PDF tax forms, XML files, and error prevention scenarios.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Test software applications for validity of results, reliability and error prevention compliance
• Write, review and execute test cases
• Analyze results, draw conclusions from test results and make recommendations
• Apply income tax knowledge to develop, maintain, run automated tests
• Accurately document software defects, and work with software developers and tax analyst to fix known issues
• Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Finance or Tax
• Minimum of 2 years of tax experience in a tax preparation industry for a small to medium-sized accounting firm
• Must be experienced with both Canada Revenue Agency and Revenue Québec tax returns
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast paced and high-volume environment
• Ability to work in both a team environment and individually as required.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skill set
• Experience testing financial software applications would be an asset
• Must be able to communicate effectively in French and English
• Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL) processes and tools.
Though not a requirement, the preferred candidate would also have:
• Knowledge of Québec personal income tax preparation
Do you have the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.