Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
As a Digital Tax Software Analyst, you have hands-on experience with a wide variety of complex tax scenarios as well as a deep understanding of the Canadian tax system. You leverage your knowledge and experience to optimize results for your clients. Through your creativity and thorough analysis, you are instrumental in defining multiple facets of tax preparation software, including (but not limited to) guiding users through complex scenarios and ensuring the accuracy of their results. You love technology, and are excited about designing software solutions that impact millions of Canadian taxpayers. You have the technical skills to work closely with software developers and test analysts on the details, without losing sight of the big picture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide Canadian Tax subject matter expertise to Product Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, Content Writers, and User Experience Specialists
• Design features to cover all tax scenarios and ensure accuracy in digital tax products
• Deep understanding of corporate taxation and are able to interpret tax law
• Research complex tax scenarios and make them simple for people to understand
• Technology orientated and are comfortable at the prospect of learning some programming (Java)
• Assist with both CRA and RQ certification
• Post-Secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or Tax
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial service industry
• Have a deep understanding of Corporate tax and have experience preparing T2 returns
• Experience preparing a variety of Federal and Provincial tax returns (e.g. student, pension, self-employed, rental property, etc.)
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills
• Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Completion of the CPA In-Depth Tax Course or similar education program a strong asset
Although not required, an ideal candidate would also have:
• Experience with software programming (Java)
• Ability to communicate effectively in English and French
Do you have the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.