H&R Block, the leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Systems Analyst to join its fast-paced and dynamic Information Technology team. The location for this great opportunity is Calgary, AB.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst to implement and improve our IT systems in our branch offices. You will analyze system requirements and address any relevant problems. You will also perform standard testing and provide solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security.
To do well in this role you should have a thorough knowledge of modern computer systems, networking, and applications, and be able to quickly collect data to back up decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing systems hardware and software problems and developing technical solutions
• Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can be implemented to solve them
• Gathering data and analyzing business and user needs in consultation with both business managers and end users
• Translating user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
• Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of business systems
• Making recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support business goals
• Providing IT support for regulatory and compliance activities
• Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected
• Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation and train system’s end users
• Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
• Help the support team with installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
• Acting as a liaison between developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science (or equivalent training and experience) supplemented by 5 – 7 years’ experience in related areas.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with scripting (primarily PowerShell)
• Proficient with application deployment, application packaging/troubleshooting and application remediation
• Previous experience with Windows 10, Office 365, Intune, SCCM, Dell KACE, and mobile platforms.
• Knowledge and experience of Windows Server technologies such as Active Directory, Group Policy, including configuration and security for Windows 10, Windows 2012 and 2016 servers.
• Knowledge & experience of Virtualization Technologies such as VMWare.
• Knowledge and experience of networking concepts and standard protocols such as LAN/WAN, TCP/IP.
• Experience with performance tuning and monitoring tools for Windows and Microsoft environments.
• Experience with Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure Active Directory, Intune.
• Experience driving adoption in new and upcoming technology.
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certified.
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about leading business initiatives, we invite you to send your cover letter stating compensation expectations along with your resume to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.