H&R Block, the leader in the tax preparation industry, is looking for a Systems Analyst to join its fast-paced and dynamic Information Technology team. The location for this great opportunity is Calgary, AB.
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheck; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
We are looking for a Systems Analyst to implement and improve our IT systems in our branch offices. You will analyze system requirements and address any relevant problems. You will also perform standard testing and provide solutions to ensure high levels of performance and security. To do well in this role you should have a thorough knowledge of modern computer systems, networking, and applications, and be able to quickly collect data to back up decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzing systems hardware and software problems and developing technical solutions
• Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can be implemented to solve them
• Gathering data and analyzing business and user needs in consultation with both business managers and end users
• Translating user and/or systems requirements into functional technical specifications
• Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of business systems
• Making recommendations on hardware and software procurement to support business goals
• Providing IT support for regulatory and compliance activities
• Conduct testing to ensure that the systems work as expected
• Writing and maintaining detailed systems documentation and train system’s end users
• Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
• Help the support team with installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
• Acting as a liaison between developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Five (5) years experience in a technical capacity
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
• Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical information so that the intended audience understands the context and content of the information
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft operating systems, active directory, system security and scripting (primarily PowerShell, but also VB Script)
• Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, routers, VPN, etc
• Experience with an incident management software, preferably ServiceNow
• Hands’ on experience using applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about leading business initiatives, we invite you to send your cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.