Supervisor, Cash Back Receivables
Location: Calgary, AB
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
The ideal candidate for this role would be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is a great multi-tasker. Some receivable/collection knowledge would be an asset as well as some supervisory experience. This candidate would possess some tax knowledge and excellent organizational skills.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist the Manager of Cash Back Accounting to assign workload to the CashBack team, hire and train seasonal employees; administration related to the CashBack center.
- Improve team efficiency and processes, allocate resources, document procedures and processes; create and maintain training materials.
- Maintain a good working relationship with field associates and all clients. Respond to inquiries from the field offices and clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Research basic tax information and use tax knowledge to respond to inquiries.
- Act as a liaison between the CashBack team and the CashBack accounting team to ensure data accuracy and timely bad debt collection.
- Validate discrepancies in the funds advanced to clients. Solicit tax adjustments to be filed in a timely manner.
- Issue and distribute collection letters to clients. Assist group with client calls to collect unpaid balances, take payments or direct clients to an H&R Block office. Assign files to collection agencies.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience in a tax preparation environment. An accounting background would be an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; PeopleSoft experience would be an asset.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.