Strategic Business Analyst
Strategic Business Analyst
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the AVP, Strategy & Planning, the Strategic Business Analyst is accountable for working with senior leaders to build strategies that deliver on H&R Block’s mission statement. The Strategic Business Analyst leads the creation of multi-year roadmaps used to create long- and short-term corporate plans. The position will work as a liaison between the Architecture team and key business stakeholders to connect business drivers with technology outcomes that meet business and customer needs.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Understands all areas of the company (structure, people, process, technology), its business model, and interconnectivity between departments.
• Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business at all levels, at both head office and in the field.
• Assists senior leaders with the development of strategies and business plans.
• Facilitates multi-stakeholder workshops to determine business priority and sequencing, and complete high-level solution analysis.
• Identifies and maps dependencies between business initiatives and technology deliverables.
• Develops roadmap scenarios to provide senior leaders with strategic options and associated costs, benefits, and risks.
• Partners with the Enterprise Architect to gather and evaluate potential technology solutions to business problems.
• Builds a relationship with the Architecture and Strategy teams at H&R Block’s global headquarters in Kansas City.
• Contributes to the improvement of governance, processes, and tools for annual portfolio management and budgeting activities.
• Develops and leads the organization’s benefits realization function, which determines if implemented strategies are meeting their anticipated targets
• Gathers metrics and data from various sources (NPS, Financials, Reporting, etc.) to feedback into strategic planning
• Assists the Delivery Services team with its functions as capacity permits (Portfolio Management, Business Continuity Management, Release Planning, etc.)
• Ensures that business models are in keeping with the company’s mission statement.
• Evaluates ideas for new products and services.
• Tracks regulatory, market, and economic trends.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 10+ years of progressive business analysis or business architect experience. Experience within the financial services sector considered an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, or a related field, combined with extensive experience.
• Master of Business Administration (MBA) is considered an asset.
• Business Relationship Management experience and BRMP or CBRM certifications are considered an asset
• Project Management experience and PMP certification is considered an asset.
• Exceptional business and technical writing and editing skills with strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
• Exceptional collaboration, strategic planning, and communication skills.
• Proven track record at delivering results / Results-focused approach and strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with and seen as a trusted strategic partner amongst senior leaders.
• Ability to successfully balance competing priorities.
• Experience leading and facilitating workshops with multiple stakeholders
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Do you have a passion for strategy, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.