We are looking for an energetic and innovative Software Developer to help us re-invent the category we invented! We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to join an international brand during a transformative period. Reporting to the Manager of Development, the Software Developer will be part of a collaborative, Agile team responsible for the end-to-end design, development, implementation and maintenance of a wide range of new and existing applications.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Build enterprise-scale applications while being mindful of performance, reliability, and scalability
• Apply your understanding of software development methodologies, processes, and practices (OO, TDD, SOLID, etc.)
• Collaborate with the team to analyze and solve technical challenges
• Promote the use of best practices and design patterns within the team
• Ability to understand business stakeholders vision and, in turn, delight stakeholders and customers with the delivery of feature rich, high quality software
• Work with project managers, business analysts, database administrators, and quality assurance to build new products and features which will help take our business to the next level
• Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming, and/ or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training and professional experience
• 5-15 years of Development experience
• A strong understanding of Object Oriented development principles and methodologies
• Wicked REST API development skills (and knowledge of best practices)
• Strongly skilled in C# (or Java), MVC, Angular, React/Redux
• Knowledge of AWS, Azure, or IBM Cloud
• Experience in React Native or similar Mobile development frameworks is an asset
• Experience with TSQL and database development
• Working knowledge of SSMS, SSRS and SSIS
• An appreciation of ITIL/COBIT along with a working knowledge of Agile with a SCRUM focus
Other Key Requirements:
• Enjoy working in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Experience building software from the ground-up
• Passionate about software development
• Take pride in your work; ensuring it is testable, reusable, scalable, and maintainable
• Enjoy learning new technologies and pick them up quickly
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to complex business problems
• A great sense of humour and mad Nerf skills
If you meet the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity, and are truly passionate about software development, we invite you to send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.