We are looking for energetic and innovative Software Developers to help us re-invent the category we invented! We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
This is a rare opportunity to join an international brand during a transformative period. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Software Developer will be part of a collaborative, Agile team responsible for the end-to-end design, development, implementation and maintenance of a wide range of new and existing applications.
You’ll work directly with product managers, user experience (UX) designers, and subject matter experts to build world-class, amazing, delightful web applications, and powerful, flexible platforms. Your contributions in this role will pave the path forward and shape the future for the Digital Solutions group and the company.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Build enterprise-scale applications while being mindful of performance, reliability, and scalability
• Apply your understanding of software development methodologies, processes, and practices
• Collaborate with the team to analyze and solve technical challenges
• Promote the use of best practices and design patterns within the team
• Seek to understand business stakeholders vision and, in turn, delight stakeholders and customers with the delivery of feature rich, high quality software
• Collaborate with user-experience experts, technical writers, business domain experts, database administrators and quality assurance experts to build new products and features which will help take our business to the next level
• Clearly communicate progress of assignments to peers and leadership with efficiency and accuracy and drive to ensure timely completion of deliverables
• Post-Secondary education in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming, and/or a related discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training and professional experience
• 5+ years progressive experience as a full-stack Java developer designing and building consumer-facing web applications and web services (API design principles, REST)
• A strong understanding of Object Oriented development principles, patterns and methodologies
• Skilled in SQL concepts and syntax and ideally experience with PostgreSQL
• Experience working with version control systems, preferably GIT
• Working knowledge of Agile with a SCRUM focus
• Enjoy working in a collaborative, agile team environment
• Experience building software from the ground-up
• Passionate about software development
• Take pride in your work; ensuring it is testable, reusable, reliable, scalable, and maintainable
• Enjoy learning new technologies and pick them up quickly
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Proven ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to complex business problems
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• A comprehensive group benefits package
• A stock purchase plan
• Discounted rates at Goodlife fitness locations across Canada
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Reimbursement for association dues and training courses
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.