Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
Reporting to the Application Service Delivery Manager, the SharePoint Specialist will be responsible for the support and ongoing maintenance of H&R Block’s main SharePoint/Team Sites. Working directly with our business partners, this role requires a broad scope of SharePoint skills across multiple disciplines ranging from site administration to delivering content management.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Provide advice and a modern approach to end users regarding content management and the publishing of information on SharePoint;
• Contribute ideas and execute improvements to our SharePoint environment focused on improving end user experience and data security;
• Collaborate with end users to understand/document their business needs and how to leverage SharePoint to create value-add solutions;
• Provide technical and end user documentation, as well as conduct periodic reviews to ensure information is accurate and up to date;
• Serve as the subject matter expert on SharePoint projects;
• Provide end-user training as required;
• Maintain knowledge of SharePoint toolsets and best practices;
• Design, develop, debug, test, deploy, maintain and update SharePoint sites, pages, web parts, workflows, content types, lists, and libraries to meet our business needs;
• Install, configure and provide support for all software patches, system add-ins and third-party products
• Strong understanding of SharePoint 2010, 2016, Office 365 and complementing technologies;
• 3 to 5 years of hands on experience with SharePoint features (e.g., SharePoint security, web parts, site collections, content deployment, Excel Services, Business Data Catalog, site columns, content types, native and custom workflows, advanced searches);
• Experience integrating SharePoint with other enterprise systems;
• Proven experience collaborating and partnering on varying initiatives with business units, internal team members, external vendors, and business partners both within/outside the organization and in remote locations;
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
• Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple initiatives;
• The ability to work well within a team and on your own;
• Established analytical ability to problem solve and make quick and sound decisions based on changing priorities;
• Expert user of Microsoft Office Suite, flowcharting software, and project management software such as Microsoft Project;
Do you have the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.