Senior UX Designer
Calgary, AB (Hybrid)
SENIOR UX DESIGNER
Location: Calgary, AB (Hybrid In-Office)
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Under the leadership of the Senior Manager, UX Design & Content Strategy, the Senior User Experience Designer will help design and improve products and services for internal and external clients.
In this position, you will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders including product managers, business analysts, tax analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts, translators and content writers. The top candidate will be an accomplished information architect, with some portfolio pieces to support that experience.
This position is based in Calgary and offers a hybrid work schedule, with 3 days per week in-office.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Drive the UX process, through the entire product development lifecycle, to solve customer problems while achieving CX and business goals.
- Create artifacts such as customer journey maps, information architecture, user flows, and visual designs for product development teams.
- Conduct user tests using UserTesting.com and user research through interviewing various target audiences.
- Leverage data from multiple sources to inform product requirements and design decisions.
- Build consensus for your design decisions by presenting your ideas with confidence and rationale.
- Work collaboratively and build relationships with our local and remote cross-functional team involved in the software development process.
- Lead user research and user testing initiatives.
- Oversee and mentor junior User Experience Designers as needed.
- Post-secondary education in User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or Visual/Graphic Design.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional design experience.
- An understanding of user-centered design principles and agile development.
- An outstanding and diverse portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience design and user research.
- Knowledge of responsive design, visual design, typography, colour, and layout.
- Proficiency with Figma required and familiarity with Jira a plus.
- Experience with A/B testing, or conversion optimization is considered a definite asset.
- Knowledge of web content accessibility guidelines (WCAG) is considered a definite asset.
- Familiarity with Heap analytics a bonus.
- Capacity to synthesize business requirements into design and UX deliverables including user flows, prototypes, research plans and test scripts.
- Ability to work in a high-paced, continually changing environment.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fluency in English is required and fluency in French is considered a definite asset.
Do you have a passion for User Experience design, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com, including the position title in the subject line.
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.