Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts uses the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
Under the direction of the Director, Delivery Services, the Senior Business Analyst will be part of a team that is responsible for executing the project portfolio, coordinating cross-functional activities, and helping solve business problems. This position works closely with business partners to gain an in-depth understanding of their strategy, processes, services, and the context in which they operate. The role facilitates the creation of business processes that leverage operational, financial, and technical opportunities, and collaborates with project and operations teams in the design, implementation, and deployment of solutions that bring the processes into effect.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Understands all areas of the company (structure, people, process, technology), its business model, and interconnectivity between departments.
• Builds strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business; negotiates needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
• Provides project-level business analysis (e.g. business requirements, use cases, process models, development stories, UAT plans, etc.).
• Facilitates multi-stakeholder workshops to elicit process models for new or updated business services (internal and client-facing).
• Identifies and maps dependencies between business solutions and processes.
• Collaborates closely with developers to implement requirements, providing necessary guidance to testers during QA process.
• Develops and leads the organization’s Business Process Management function.
• Leads the development of Standard Operating Procedures in conjunction with training, business intelligence, client experience, and operating teams.
• Partners with the Client Experience team to analyze and develop solutions for customer issues.
• Contributes to the improvement of governance, processes, and tools for business functions owned by Delivery Services.
• Gathers metrics and data from various sources (NPS, BI Reporting, Service Now, etc.) to feedback into process continuous improvement activities.
• Provides operational support (planned and ad-hoc) to business partners.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• 10+ years of progressive business analysis or business process specialist experience. Experience within the financial services sector considered an asset.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, or a related field, combined with extensive experience.
• Experience implementing and operating a business process management practice and tool is considered an asset.
• Business Relationship Management experience and BRMP or CBRM certification is considered an asset.
• Organizational Change Management skills and certification is considered an asset.
• Exceptional collaboration, communication, and coordination skills.
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven track record at delivering results; Results-focused approach and strong work ethic.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to build strong relationships with and seen as a trusted partner amongst business leaders.
• Ability to successfully balance competing priorities.
• Expert proficiency in Microsoft Suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Do you have a passion for process, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.