For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate it is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
At H&R Block we are changing the face of tax preparation software. As a Scrum Master, you will have the opportunity to work with Software Development teams, Business Stakeholders and Executives in delivering secure, reliable and adaptable solutions that power our business strategy and enable our associates to excel. You are good at assessing risk, developing mitigation strategies, clearly communicating issues, and building relationships. You love technology and are excited about designing software solutions that impact millions of Canadian taxpayers. You have the technical skills to work with the product development team and you will be actively involved in the end-to-end delivery of our tax software.
Key areas of Responsibility:
• Act as Scrum Master for Software Development Teams by following Agile Scrum principles
• Work closely with Product Owners to ensure a prioritized backlog via grooming
• Work closely with the Development Team to accurately estimated stories and ensure readiness
• Organize and facilitate effective and efficient Sprint Planning sessions
• Hold daily stand-ups to monitor progress
• Help to identify and proactively remove Impediments
• Calculate, monitor, and find ways to improve velocity
• Conduct demos and retrospectives after each sprint; ensure actions are assigned and completed
• Forecast the backlog completion into future sprints
• Ability to present confidently to stakeholders overall project status, articulate scope and project risks
• Coordinate release management activities
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
• 3+ years’ experience as a Scrum Master or in Project Management with a strong Software Development bias
• 3+ years’ experience in Agile methodologies
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) designation or equivalent academic background
• Knowledge of software development and infrastructure terminology
• High proficiency with Jira
• Proficiency in tools such as Atlassian product suite, and MS Office suite considered an asset
• Excellent oral, written, presentation, facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
Do you have a passion for Agile software development, being a part of a high-performance team, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.