Regional Director – West
Position Title: Regional Director
Location: West (BC/Edmonton)
Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheck; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create friction less and memorable client experiences.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Regional Director to join our team in our West Region. The successful candidate will be a high-level Leader that manages the overall client experience/retention program, strategies and services, associate development, and sales and profitability by supporting District Managers within the West region of our organization.
What you’ll do:
• Champion and advocate for the overall client experience
• Drive District Managers to achieve client growth, client retention and revenue
• Participate in strategic planning to ensure the business is positioned to achieve its goals
• Review budgets and ensure targets are met; Adjust to meet or exceed the Region’s goals
• Review labor costs and variances from to ensure labor costs are consistent with the budget
• Ensure company policies, procedures and practices are adhered to
• Resolve concerns as required, both with associates and clients
• Understand industry trends, and market conditions
• Identify methods to continuously improve business performance and operations of our offices
• Recommend to management long-term solutions affecting the overall business direction
• Act as a champion for the Company’s Block Behaviours:
• Create and maintain a safe and secure workplace.
What you’ll bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Several years of proven experience in a District Manager role with multi-unit locations.
• 3-5 years of experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment
• Proven experience in planning, budgeting and people management
• Previous experience coaching and managing employees
• Strong interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills
• Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work initiatives while meeting deadlines
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Willingness to work irregular schedules
• Ability to travel up to 50% of your time in peak season
• Valid driver’s license required
What you’ll get:
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential.
Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• A competitive salary and bonus plan, dependent on experience
• A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellness account
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan
• Free tax preparation service for associates; discounts for their families and friends
• Employee stock purchase plan
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.