Regional Director – West
H&R Block is the world’s largest tax services provider and the leader in the tax preparation industry. Each year, H&R Block employs thousands of seasonal and part-time associates nationwide. Many associates return to H&R Block year after year! Some return to earn extra income and others return to grow their career with H&R Block.
We are currently seeking a dynamic Regional Director to join our team in our BC/Edmonton Region. The successful candidate will manage the overall client experience/retention program, strategies and services, associate development, and sales and profitability by supporting District Managers within the BC/Edmonton region.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall performance of BC/Edmonton region to grow clients, grow revenue, and enhance the client experience;
• Execute national strategies, provide leadership, and deliver on regional business results;
• Lead a team of approximately 12 District Managers with Company and Franchise locations;
• Travel to districts to conduct office visits and meet with District Managers and key Associates;
• Establish district targets in conjunction with CSC Operations Leadership team, coach direct reports, and guide the team in efficient, ethical and result-oriented business practices;
• Participate in strategic planning, identify opportunities, and present at the Company’s national meetings;
• Review weekly/monthly budgets and reports to ensure targets are met/exceeded;
• Ensure that labour hours are managed according to budget and performance growth strategic objectives;
• Stay current in industry trends, and understand market conditions;
• Identify methods to continuously improve business performance and operations of our offices;
• Act as a champion for the Company’s Policies and Block Behaviours;
• Manage clients concerns that are not resolved at the local level and get elevated;
• Create and maintain a safe and secure workplace for Associates, Clients and other visitors.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• Several years of proven experience in a similar role leading a team of District Managers with multi-unit locations (retail environment an asset);
• Three to five years of business experience in a client based, retail or equivalent environment that includes planning, budgeting and high-level effective people leadership;
• Previous experience coaching and managing employees on day-to-day operational challenges;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization;
• Well organized and able to multi-task while delivering on deadlines;
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with a solutions-oriented attitude;
• Willingness to work irregular schedules;
• Ability to travel up to 50% of your time in peak season;
• Valid driver’s license required, along with reliable transportation and valid/current insurance.
We offer our associates a thriving environment in which to expand their skills and develop their potential. Here are some of the benefits that our permanent associates enjoy:
• A competitive salary and bonus plan, dependent on experience;
• A comprehensive group benefits package including a wellness account;
• An employer-matching Registered Retirement Savings Plan for those Associates who contribute to the RRSP Plan;
• Free tax preparation service for Associates; discounts for their families and friends
• Ability to participate in the Company’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan after one year of employment.
Do you have a passion for Client Service, along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated and respected. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.