Product Manager, Financial Services
Product Manager, Financial Services
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts uses the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental, and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic Product and Services team supporting our Retail, Virtual and Digital channels. Reporting to the Director, Products and Services the Product Manager is responsible for the ongoing management and support of existing financial products under their portfolio including H&R Block’s Advantage Prepaid Mastercard®, Pay with Refund, Peace of Mind Extended Service Plan and claims, Audit Representation Services and Online Estate Planning. In this role you will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle including defining the product vision and strategy, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working closely with tax analysts, operations, finance, marketing, user experience designers, developers, quality assurance analysts, learning and content writers.
The Product Manager’s role also includes ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Organize, prioritize and lead the day-to-day activities to support the existing products and services under their portfolio, any enhancements or future products.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and delivering upon Product and Services product strategy and roadmap
- Gather, assess and maintain competitive analysis related to existing and emerging competitive products/services, technologies, market developments and industry trends.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the product and transition to an operational state, if/when necessary ensuring a seamless delivery through H&R Block retail and digital channels.
- Assist with full product cycle management including: research, business cases, product definition, strategy, development efforts, market analysis, beta testing, implementation and ongoing management and support of their defined products and services.
- Document product requirements, product specifications, business readiness, go to market strategies and other documents as required.
- Track and report upon product Key Performance Indicators.
- Provide action plans where necessary to improve product profitability, market share, client success ratings impacting revenue, costs and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- 3-5 years of product management experience, including experience leading initiatives that involve significant business and/or technology change.
- 5 years of experience in financial services and/or banking sector
- Strong customer service and client experience background
- Understanding of the application of agile user-centered design values, principles and practices
- Proven problem solving, conceptual thinking and analytical abilities.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work as a team player within cross functional environment.
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities.
- Experience working within a matrix management environment.
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make quick, timely decisions.
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast‑paced pressure environment.
- Understanding of prepaid or credit card programs, rules, regulations and settlement as asset
- Previous knowledge of Payments Canada rules, regulations, channels and instruments as asset
Do you have a passion for product management along with the skills and qualifications required for this GREAT opportunity?
If so, we invite you to send your resume to email@example.com
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.