Product Manager, Digital
Product Manager, Digital
For over 55 years, H&R Block has prepared taxes for millions of Canadians annually. Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we serve taxpayers in more than 1,000+ offices, through our upload from home service, and online with our DIY tax software. Our dedicated team of Tax Experts use the latest in electronic processing and filing technology to prepare all types of returns, including personal, small business, corporate, farm, trucker, fishing, U.S., rental and estate.
Becoming an H&R Block Associate is an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the tax preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic Digital Product Solutions team. Under the leadership of the Director, Product Solutions, you will translate business strategy, customer needs and user requirements into product roadmaps, including detailed business requirements, to deliver exceptional customer value and meet our business goals. You will identify gaps, break down complex problems, and help manage the development process. If you are passionate, energetic, and jazzed about continuously improving products and services that will delight users, we are looking for you.
In this position you will deliver exception value to our customers by collaborating with people in a variety of roles, including user experience designers, tax analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts and content writers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Establish and optimize go-to-market packaging and features for tax products and services to grow revenue, margin and customers
- Manage product financials and development budgets
- Champion internal and external customer experience testing
- Establish and review A/B testing and user feedback
- Prioritize features and sequence development to ensure digital tax products and services are delivered on time, on budget, and are compliant with government regulations
- Define and manage user stories and business requirements
- Maintain product backlog and prioritize based on business/user need
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives meetings
- Utilize expertise of tax experts, user experience designers, and content writers to manage digital product and services lifecycle
- Support marketing team with articulating the value proposition and key internal and external messages
- Document and maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, emerging technology and applications
- 3 to 5 years of product management experience, including experience leading medium to large sized initiatives that involve significant business and/or technology change
- Understanding and application of agile user-centred design values, principles and practices
- Understanding of tax applications a benefit
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Understanding of financial profit and loss statements
- Ability to make quick, timely decisions
- Ability to be an effective informal leader in a fast‑paced pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Send a cover letter along with your resume to: email@example.com and indicate in the subject line Product Manager, Digital.
We encourage all interested individuals to apply. Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Proof of legal authorization to work in Canada will be required as part of the recruitment process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
H&R Block fosters a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.