Product Manager (Digital)
Location: Calgary, AB
At H&R Block we’ve been helping Canadians prepare their taxes for over 50 years. It’s our mission to make sure you Get What’s YoursTM. Every Canadian has a unique tax situation, so we offer a wide range of products and services designed to make completing taxes fast and easy.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our fast-paced and dynamic Digital Team. Listening and responding to Canadians who prefer to prepare their tax returns themselves is our Digital Team’s mandate. Under the leadership of the Director, User Experience and Product Management, you will translate customer requirements into a product roadmap, including detailed business requirements, to deliver exceptional customer value and generate revenue. You will identify gaps, break down complex problems, and help manage the development process. If you are passionate, energetic, and jazzed about continuously improving tax products and services that will delight users, we are looking for you.
In this position, you will collaborate with people in a variety of roles, including user experience designers, tax analysts, developers, quality assurance analysts and content writers.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establish and optimize go-to-market packaging and features for do-it-yourself tax products and services to grow revenue, margin and customers
- Champion internal and external customer experience testing
- Prioritize features and sequence development to ensure digital tax products and services are delivered on time, on budget, and are certified by CRA and RQ
- Define and manage user stories and business requirements
- Maintain product backlog and work with the business to prioritize based on business/user need
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint reviews and retrospectives meetings
- Utilize expertise of tax experts, user experience designers, and content writers to manage digital product and services lifecycle
- Support marketing team with articulating the value proposition and key internal and external messages
- Document and maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape, emerging technology and applications
- Business or Engineering Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of product management experience, including experience leading medium to large sized initiatives that involve significant business and/or technology change
- Understanding and application of agile user-centred design values, principles and practices
- Innovative and creative with the ability to identify and develop business opportunities
- Experience leading teams in a matrix management environment
- Demonstrated record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Ability to make quick, timely decisions
- Ability to be an effective leader in a fast‑paced pressure environment
Are you ready to join a Calgary-based company where you will make a real difference? Please send your cover letter, resume along with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.