Becoming an H&R Block associate means more than just a paycheque; it’s an opportunity to grow with the strongest brand in the Tax Preparation industry. We are looking for people who want to help us look at peoples’ lives through tax and find ways to help. We know that the ability to deliver outstanding client service starts with having the best talent on our team, and if you want to be part of our success story then we want to hear from you!
We have proudly served clients in Canada for over 50 years, constantly evolving to meet our clients’ ever-changing needs. From our digital solutions to our offices, we constantly seek new ways to create frictionless and memorable client experiences.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Responsible for administration and processing of the high volume seasonal hourly payroll for corporate and field associates. This includes data entry, preparation of payroll imports, earning adjustments, maintaining records, and personal pay date changes.
• Provides support and instruction regarding the processing of payroll systems where required.
• Ensures field staff has required access and administrative rights.
• Documentation of work processes.
• Assists balancing quarterly, year-end and T4 reporting.
• Prepares and distributes Records of Employment.
• Administering employee group benefits for Canadian associates.
• Ensuring account reconciliations, payroll liabilities and expenses are properly maintained, managed and recorded in a timely fashion.
• Monitoring year-end reporting and producing necessary documents in a timely and accurate manner.
• Responding to HRDC and government-related requests for payroll information.
• Provides backup and assistance for salaried payroll administration.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Five years’ experience working in a fast paced high volume payroll environment with at least three years in multi provincial payroll.
• Currently certified by the Canadian Payroll Association.
• Strong accounting, analytical and computer skills, with proven attention to detail.
• The ability to work well under strict timelines.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively verbally and in writing.
• The preferred candidate would ideally have experience with outsourced payroll, preferably Ultimate/Ultipro or Workday.
• Experience in implementations/improvements of HRIS systems.
Do you have an innovative and passionate approach to learning, along with the skills and qualifications required for this great opportunity? If so, we invite you to send your cover letter stating salary expectations along with your resume to email@example.com.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. H&R Block Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people from all backgrounds, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.